Last revised: January 23, 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Acceptance of Terms
Welcome to Whitestone Home Furnishings, LLC’s (referred to as “us“, “we“, “our“, or “Saatva” as the context may require) website (the “Website”). These terms and conditions (these “Terms“) apply to the purchase and sale of products and services through Saatva.com and/or our Sleep Enlightened blog as well as any other website operated by Whitestone Home Furnishings, LLC (collectively the “Company” or “Saatva”).
These Terms are subject to change by Whitestone Home Furnishings, LLC without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. Any changes to the Terms will be in effect as of the last updated date referenced on the Site. You should review these Terms before purchasing any product that is available through this Site. Your continued use of this Site after the last updated date will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
It is your exclusive obligation to review this Agreement and the other policies listed above carefully. THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY. These terms require the use of arbitration to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions. By submitting an order for any of our Products you expressly certify that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You affirm that if you place an order on behalf of an organization or company, you have the legal authority to bind any such organization or company to these terms and conditions. You may not order or obtain products or services from this website if you (a) do not agree to these terms, (b) are not the older of (i) at least 18 years of age, or (c) are prohibited from accessing or using this website or any of this website’s content or goods by applicable state, local, or federal law. If you do not agree to be bound by these provisions, do not purchase any products from the Site and please exit this site immediately.
- Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all products listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us, or we will not be obligated to sell the products or services to you. We may choose not to accept orders at our sole discretion, even after we send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered.
- Price and Payment Terms.
- Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss.
- Returns and Refunds. If you aren’t completely happy with your Saatva purchase during your 365-night home trial, just give us a call at 1-833-300-3761 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll schedule a pick-up of the product and issue a refund for the purchase price (taxes excluded) to your original method of payment. You’ll only pay a $99 processing fee. For defective returns, please refer to the manufacturer’s warranty (see 6) included with the product or as detailed in the product’s description on our Site.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty and Disclaimers. The products offered on our Site are covered by warranties listed here:
To obtain additional information about these warranties, warranties potentially not listed here, or our extended warranties please call us at 1-833-300-3761 or send an email to email@example.com.
ALTHOUGH SAATVA TAKES REASONABLE EFFORTS TO VERIFY THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE, SAATVA DOES NOT REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, USEFUL, TIMELY OR RELIABLE OR THAT THIS SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR OR DISRUPTION. THIS SITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. AS STATED ABOVE SAATVA MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE AS WELL AS THE PRODUCTS OFFERED, INCLUDING THE PRICES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF ANY PRODUCTS, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE AT THIS WEBSITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND WE MAKE NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE SUCH CONTENT OR PRODUCTS IN A TIMELY MANNER.
SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU AFFIRM THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY CLAIMS OR FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE MANUFACTURER’S FAILURE TO HONOR ITS WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability. WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN ASSURANCES OF PRODUCT SALABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND COMPLIANCE FROM OUR MANUFACTURERS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR ENHANCED DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, REGARDLESS OF (A) WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE, (B) WHETHER OR NOT WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND (C) THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED.
OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCTS YOU HAVE ORDERED THROUGH OUR SITE.
The limitation of liability set forth above shall: (i) only apply to the extent permitted by law and (ii) not apply to (A) liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct and (B) death or bodily injury resulting from our acts or omissions.
- Goods Not for Resale or Export. You represent and warrant that, unless previously agreed upon by you and Saatva, you are buying products or services from the Site for your own personal or household use only, and not for resale or export. You further represent and warrant that all purchases are intended for final delivery to locations within the US.
- Force Majeure. We are not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Site is operated from the US. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of New York.
- Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration.
FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION A “CLAIM” OR “DISPUTE” SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE, OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT, OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN YOU AND US ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH THE SITE.
- Any Dispute shall be resolved solely and exclusively by arbitration to be held in New York County, New York with a single disinterested arbitrator and pursuant to New York law. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA“) in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules“) then in effect, except as modified by this 12. (The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org/arb_med or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.) The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this section.
The arbitrator will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision, including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or the agreement is void, voidable, or otherwise invalid. The arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. Any award of the arbitrator(s) will be final and binding on each of the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
We will be responsible for paying any individual consumer’s arbitration fees if the consumer prevails on any claim that affords the prevailing party attorneys’ fees. Similarly, the arbitrator may award reasonable fees to you under the standards for fee shifting provided by law.
- You may elect to pursue your claim in small-claims court rather than arbitration if you provide us with written notice of your intention to do so within 60 days of your purchase. The arbitration or small-claims court proceeding will be limited solely to your individual dispute or controversy with your maximum recovery being the total amount of your transaction.
- You agree to an arbitration on an individual basis. In any dispute, NEITHER YOU NOR SAATVA WILL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER CUSTOMERS IN COURT OR ARBITRATION OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. The arbitral tribunal may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitral tribunal has no power to consider the enforceability of this class arbitration waiver and any challenge to the class arbitration waiver may only be raised in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Assignment. You may not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this 13 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
- No Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Saatva.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void, or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.